Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy Birthday, WeeWee!!

I woke up last Friday morning and suddenly remembered that, besides being "Tax Day," it was our Weasel Kitty's Birthday! Gillian had been wanting to use a can of frosting she found on the shelf for a while and so I thought "AH HA!" we'll make some birthday cupcakes!

Right after breakfast we whipped up the cupcake batter. The kids really like to help pour in the ingredients and they would LOVE to crack the eggs, if I was brave enough to let them!
IMG_1194.JPG

After nap we settled in to decorating. Gillian had told me that she wanted to make orange icing and Colin immediately told me he wanted to make green icing....hope WeeWee likes those colors!
IMG_1196.JPG
IMG_1197.JPG

I was hoping that they would let me HELP them ice the cupcakes....no such luck. They seriously fought me tooth and nail when I even laid one finger on their knives!
IMG_1198.JPG

Surprisingly, they did very, very well with it. They dont' have much experience with knives (obviously) but they were pretty neat and focused very well on the task. When I asked Colin where he had learned to be such a good cupcake decorator, he told me, "Oh Mommy, cupcakes EASY!"
IMG_1201.JPG
IMG_1202.JPG
IMG_1200.JPG

They turned out pretty well! And Gillian immediately wanted to eat one! We convinced her to wait until after dinner though! She did enjoy it....a lot!
IMG_1209.JPG

Colin, in true Colin-style, didn't love it so much. But, he did try the icing!
IMG_1206.JPG

And, our Birthday Weasel? Well, she doesn't do cupcakes...not crunchy enough. However, she did like this box she found in the living room!
IMG_1212.JPG

Happy 8th Birthday, WeeWee!!!

1 comment:

Mama said...

Looks like a really fun morning! Glad to see C at least tried his icing! I hope you guys have a great holiday weekend. Travel safely!